The Tracy Heat under-14 baseball team took the spotlight at the Aug. 20 Tracy City Council meeting when the team was honored with a certificate of recognition from Mayor Robert Rickman, recognizing a 7-0 sweep at the All World Sports World Series AA Division tournament July 11-14 in Reno. The Heat played some of their best baseball that weekend against teams from all over California and Nevada and a team from Boise, Idaho. Two games on the last day of the tournament ended with walk-off home runs. The Heat were behind 7-6 when Diego Ruiz hit a three-run home run in the bottom of the seventh inning for a 9-6 win over the Assassins of Rohnert Park. Then, in the semifinal, they were down 3-2 in extra innings against Nor Cal Baseball Blue of Tracy and Alex Murrietta hit a two-run homer for the win. In the championship game, the Heat beat Seagulls Baseball Academy of San Bruno 6-2, with Preston Carrillo pitching a complete game. Pictured front, from left: Chris Voss, Jacob Jones, Preston Carrillo, William Palacios, A.J. Vasquez, Brandon Garcia and Christian Montoya. Back, from left: coach Adam DeHaro, Aidan Terry, Diego Ruiz, Anthony Vasquez, Trevor Jennings, Alex Murrietta, Julian Mejia, Joshua Celestine Jr., coach Joshua Celestine Sr., coach Rudy Garcia and Mayor Robert Rickman.
- Tribute honors two Tracy High legends
- Ramirez hired as Tracy’s new city attorney
- Homeless person found dead at north end of town
- Director, volunteers needed to support Tracy Interfaith’s mission
- Celebration to mark airport’s 90 years in Tracy
- Sikh residents reach out to neighbors
- Hay baling innovator earns place in agricultural hall of fame
- Police Log: Unauthorized breakfast served at Fire Station 91
- Tracy council agrees on code of conduct
- Death Notices: Oct. 14
Sorry, there are no recent results for popular videos.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
News Updates Tracy Press
Would you like to receive our daily news? Sign up today!