Six Tracy High School students have been elected to join the San Joaquin County Junior AgFest Board.
The Junior AgFest Board is a group of students in grades 7-12 from across the county who participate in 4-H and FFA programs at their schools.
They help run San Joaquin AgFest, which occurs yearly in June. This year’s AgFest is June 14-20 at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds, where students will showcase and sell their livestock.
The Junior Board members plan the event, sell T-shirts, hand out awards, and promote and support AgFest in other ways.
Of the eight officer positions for the county, five are now held by Tracy High students:
• Madison Kelley — president
• Kayla Rocha — treasurer
• Seraphina Souza — secretary
• Maci Suttle — Snapchat social media chair
• Kathleen Morales — Facebook social media chair
• Madison Gant — board member